As part of the Evangelical Covenant Church, our denominational family, the best way to describe us is with the following statements:
- Evangelical, but not exclusive
- Biblical, but not doctrinaire
- Traditional, but not rigid
- Congregational, but not independent
The Evangelical Covenant Church seeks to form and nurture communities that are deeply committed to Jesus Christ and passionately engaged in Christ’s mission in the world. The purpose of Covenant affirmations is to make clear the values and principles that have guided the Evangelical Covenant Church since its founding in 1885.
For Covenant people, our essential beliefs are summed up in what we call Covenant Affirmations:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the Church.
- We affirm the Church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.
For a full listing of what the Evangelical Covenant church believes, please refer to our denominational information.
You can find out more about our denomination family by checking out their website at: www.covchurch.org